From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:17:42 +0000
I am collecting the Marco Polo Strauss Series (well the several of them
they have ongoing). But I was curious about the initial performance of
most of this music.

I know this is dance music, but what were the venues of the performance.
Did people really go to just dance, and this music was incidental; or
was it the music of Strauss that attracted them.

Do we really know what the dances they would perform to this type of
music even look like. I ask, because I heard that we don't really know
what the Minuet or Landler/German Dance of Mozart's era looked liked.

Anyone with insights on this music with other webpage links with information
on this, would be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks so much,

Kim Patrick Clow