From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:28:51 +0000
Christopher Webber writes:

>Even Spohr is still heartland, It's just that nobody visits him any
>more.

Well, I've visited Spohr to the extent that I have every recording of his
string quartets, symphonies, and also many other Spohr chamber music discs
and two recordings of his opera "Faust".

Although Spohr fares poorly at concerts, he has received plenty of
attention on record.  That's just one of the multitude of reasons I prefer
recordings to concerts where folks can't even agree on what to do with
cough drop wrappers or their enthusiasm.  I'll go with an audience of
'one'.

Don Satz