From:
Mark Landson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:04:26 -0600
I don't know about 1956, but I submit that if Mozart were born in 1949 he
would have been a fabulously successful songwriter, play piano like a son
of a bitch, drink to excess at various stages of his career, ultimately
never sell out, but find a way for his artistic aesthetic to hold its
popularity through the many changes in public taste, marry a model who
would later divorce him because he paid more attention to writing music
than to her, and ultimately realize that his artistic expression was
limited by the short song forms he was using, and would try in vain to find
fulfillment in writing classical music, releasing a CD of piano music whose
cover was reminiscient of piano studies he practiced as a child - implying
the nostalgia of a sad decision to pursue rock and roll instead of turning
to a more artistically fulfilling career as a classical composer.

:)

Mark Landson
http://www.LandsonMusic.com