From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 17:21:32 EDT
One concerto that rings a bell with me is Chopin's concerto in E minor
op. 11.  Chopin was a composer that wrote almost exclusively for the piano.
It seems to me that he was almost forced to write the two concertos.
Some people see the orchestral accompaniment as a joke because there is so
little orchestra in it.  Chopin has his own unique style and I think it is
wonderful.  This concerto has some beautiful sections, especially the part
preceding the fast-moving section toward the end.  I also like the andante
from concerto 21 by Mozart.  The third movement is really nice as well.

Jeremey McMillan