Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:53:55 PST
Danny Tan wrote:

>I really want to have more of these Everest CDs, cos' they really sound
>superb.

As a young teenager, my uncle had an Everest LP of Boult conducting the
9th symphony of Vaughan Williams.  I thought that symphony was fantastic
with such power to offer, and the recorded sound was great as well.
Unfortunately, as an adult, I have not been able to recreate the strong
response I once had to the work.

Concerning promotional CDs in general, I did work part-time in a classical
music shop for about one year, and those promotional cds regularly were
sent to the store.  Employees would write their name on particular ones and
eventually, when the manager said okay, they took the cds home for good.
With that as my reference point, I can't see paying full price for
promotional products - they are used.

Don Satz