From:
Jonathan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:34:40 +0000
Deryk Barker wrote:

>It's also possibly significant that Stravinsky himself, in all three of his
>recordings, takes the Rite considerably slower than Zander.

Or could it be the suggestion which has frequently been made that while
Stravinsky could composer Le Sacre he couldn't conduct it.  That aside, I
doubt whether anybody would actually suggest any of the three Stravinsky
recordings for anything other than historical interest.  For musical
interest there are many other choices.  In addition to Boulez, I am fond
of Sir Colin Davis's 1976 recording with the Concertgebouw.

Jonathan