From:
Rudolph Tang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:38:23 +0800
I am currently doing some data work, one of which features the English
conductors who are titled Sir or any lordship that are granted by HM the
Queen/King.  I get totally confused when dealing with names like such:
Honrary Knight the Most Exerllency OM....  Thus I'd like to ask for kind
help.  Would any of you make a relatively complete list of the English
conductors such as Sir Solti, Sir Collin Davis, Sir Beechame and Lord
Menuhin etc.  with the exact date of when they were granted a certain
lordship and what exactly the cartain lorship is to be called.  As you
might well see, for a Chinese who don't get any picture of these
titles--CBE, KBE,OM,HONand REV...--I am not able to work it out without
your help.  Thanks a lot!

Rudolph Tang
Shanghai, China