From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:28:28 -0600
Eddie Janusz reports a 41% programming time of classical music on his
Connecticut station bringing in only 17% of the revenue and concludes:

>But 45/17 is a slap shot.  If you were running a public radio station,
>what would you do with those numbers?

It would depend on how I saw the station's mission.  If the goal were
education and providing a resource that strengthened "high" culture, I
might very well not only keep classical music, but expand it to recherche
areas.  If my goal were to satisfy the market -- in short, the same goal
as any commercial station -- I'd program more talk.  In that case,
however, why should the station need public support at all?

Steve Schwartz