From:
Alexander Kafka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:46:29 -0500
Hi, I'm a new member of the list and just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm
an editor in the Opinion/Arts section of The Chronicle of Higher Education,
and assign many of our arts commentaries.  We don't run reviews or artist
profiles, but we are always looking for good subjects and authors (we use
only outside authors for this section).  If any list members have ideas
for music or other arts trend pieces, or first-person accounts of your
endeavors--particularly, but not exclusively, if they are related to a
college or university--I hope you'll keep me in mind.  If you aren't
interested in writing a commentary, but think there's an arts story that
our news-side should be made aware of, I'll be happy to pass along any such
information to the appropriate people.

Our essays are 1,000 to 1,600 words in length and geared to a general
academic audience.  We have a paid circulation of about 96,000 and a
readership of more than 400,000.  Yes, we do pay contributors, and
unsolicited manuscripts are welcome.

Please feel free to contact me any time at the coordinates below or to
forward this message to others who might be interested.  Thanks for your
time!

Best,

Alexander C. Kafka
Assistant Editor, Opinion/Point of View