From:
Tony Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:04:15 -0500
Nate DeMaria wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not Horowitz recorded
>Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto.  I love the way Horowitz plays
>the third, and I adore the second concerto.  Thanks

A quick search on CDNOW revealed no 'hits', and i, too, have previously
searched for the Rakh 'Second' by Horowitz.  No luck.

The first CD of the Rakh Third Cto i purchased was the Horowitz RCA Gold
Seal #7754.  It, along with the Argerich rendition (on Phillips, with RSO
Berlin/Chailly), are my favorites.  There are at least three different CD's
of Horowitz and the Rakh Third Cto.  I wonder why there are none in the
catalog of the Rakh Second Concerto by Horowitz.  No tapes in RCA's
library?

Oh, well.

Regards to all,
...tony lee     < [log in to unmask]