From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 09:53:04 -0400
Karl Miller wrote:

>By the way, has anyone heard the Naxos transfer of the composer's
>recordings of the concertos?

I got both CD's at Bordersand they are excellent.  I think I mentioned
in an earlier post that I had given myself the LP's for my 21st birthday
several years ago (OK, a LOT of years ago) and wanted to see what
modern-day engineering could do.  They are very good, sound-wise, with
the 2nd being not quite as good as the rest.

It is enough to make the hairs stand up on your neck to reallize that the
pianist actually created the works you are hearing.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan