Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:10:20 -0800
Peter Herwitz wrote:

>Elle, I  think you are talking about a different piece.  Handel wrote two
>on  the theme.  One is Aci, Galatea e Polifemo and the other is Acis  and
>Galatea.  They are very different but if it makes you feel better  the
>recording you are talking about is very highly esteemed.

Peter...

I had that sneaking feeling.  But this old memory just wouldn't cough
up the goods.

After suffering through having the collections in storage for 2 1/2
years, we finally are unpacking.  If I find Acis and Galatea, I'll be
delighted.  If not, I think I'll have to check out the King's Consort
recording.

Thanks for the great inputs on this list!

Elle at  Dove's  Roost
http://paletteable.livejournal.com/
http://dancingwoolymasters.blogspot.com/