From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:12:00 +1000
Nicolas Croze-Orton declares war:

>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>He thought that Beethoven's violin concerto was rubbish.
>
>He is not alone.  I think the Beethoven violin concerto is one of the most
>boring concerto`s ever written.  Any other list member`s on my side?

Absolutely NOT!!  To me, Beethoven's is THE (in 1000-point bold) sublime
violin concerto before which the others bow down, despair and are
awestruck.

Perhaps Nicolas is winding us up/presenting a controversial viewpoint in
the hope of being violently disagreed with.  I would hope so.

Richard Pennycuick