From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:38:40 -0300
A colleague of William Hong wrote:

>The classically-minded among us may have noted a new TV ad for Microsoft's
>Internet Explorer e-mail program which uses the musical theme of the
>'Confutatis Maledictis' from Mozart's Requiem.  'Where do you want to go
>today?' is the cheery line on the screen.  Meanwhile, the chorus sings
>'Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis,' which translates to 'The
>damned and accursed are convicted (consigned?--Bill H.) to flames of hell.'
>Good to know that Microsoft does its research..."

All this brings to my superb business mind a new and brilliant idea, which
I will share liberally with my fellow subscribers:  The Software Music
Consultant & co.  I think one could make a lot of money by suggesting Bill
Gates (or similar, but I think he has problems now because there's no
"similar") new musical curtains for all Microsoft's programs.  Here goes
some examples:

1) Windows2000 (opening):  Berlioz, "Symphonie Fantastique" (IV.  "Marche
au supplice").

2) Microsoft Access:  Mozart, "Don Giovanni" (air:  "Madamina, il catalogo
e questo")

3) Ms Power Point:  Haendel, "Messiah" (Recitative:  "All they that see
him, laugh him to scorn")

4) Ms Combat Flight Simulator:  "Messiah" (air:  "Thou art gone up on
high")

5) Microsoft Users page:  Richard Strauss, "Ein Heldenleben".

Other suggestions are welcome (to my own profit, of course).

Pablo Massa