From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:09:46 +0100
Yesterday I listened to a radioprogram om Swedish Radio where there
was a small summing up of new versionsof the piano concerto.  He hated
Harnoncourt record, saying the orchestra was playing out of tune and that
the COE brass section just isn't good enough.

His favourite, to my suprise, was Herreweghe's version with Andreas Staier
om fortepiano. Both Herreweghe and Staier are favourite musicians of mine,
but in Schumann???? The excerpt I heard souned very good.  So it is
probably worth checking out,

Patrik