From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:20:03 -0600
Ray Bayles wrote:

>Classical music on public radio is almost always local, as is the funding,
>and in smaller markets, the cost is just too high.  No other music costs
>as much to broadcast as does Classical...

Huh?  Wait a minute. I thought it had been quite forcefully argued that
classical music was much CHEAPER to broadcast than popular.  From my
radio experience this is quite the case.  The classical station for which
I work has NEVER, to my knowledge paid for a disc to broadcast, and the
royalties are not huge compared to the number of spins a pop song has
to get.

I think that the above statement is completely incorrect.

Kevin Sutton