From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:43:41 -0500
If you use the hooded suit sold in the U.S. be sure to install the plastic strip included but not installed.

The strip keeps the veil hood in the right place.

Goes in a U around the veil front.

Yes i have seen beekeepers which did not read the instructions and tossed in the trash or on the work bench.

The *round hat* design sucks for professional beekeepers.
Bend over and the hat/veil falls off . Dumb design but no worries about neck stings.

I wear a bug baffler most the time sold to protect when camping from misquitoes.

However there are times of the year i wear a hooded top.
I have not purchased a full suit in years for myself or my help.

Bees can give a partial sting through jeans but can also sting through cotton bee suits when jeans are not worn underneath.

Heat stroke is a bigger issue for me and helpers than stings.

The bulk of our beekeeping work takes place in hot weather.

I am concerned about the wearing of my new face mask in hot weather. I guess i will get used to the mask and all is needed is my looking over the.helps shoulders.

I am thinking of giving up beekeeping and going into a easier occupation like
Mixed martial arts cage fighting ( kidding)

Bob

Bob