From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:15:22 -0500
Chiggers and ticks worry us more than stings.

Good thing small hive beetles are not blood suckers this year.

What if varroa mites attached to humans like ticks?

On the lighter side:

If was true about varroa beekeepers would not need a roll test or natural drop to know when the hive was varroa infested.

Once we went to a remote yard and i bet we picked 30 to   40 ticks each off our clothes. Worst i ever saw. Still we were killing ticks in the truck for a couple weeks.

Deet is about all i have found to keep ticks off.

Bob