From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:20:32 PST
Bob Draper wrote concerning Kuijken's Seasons:

>I found it thin, dull, and boring.  Not a patch on the Gardiner and
>Bohm versions.

I've already posted my very high opinion of the Kuijken recording on
Virgin.  It must be a case of "different strokes for different folks".

I never heard the Bohm.  I do have the Jochum on DG which I found turgid
and a pain to listen to.  Gardiner's may be a little better than Kuijken's,
but my verdict's not final on that.  Bob, didn't you at least like the
choral work on the Kuijken? What did you think of the bass singer? Why
can't you be more like me? Then you'd be a lucky guy too.

Don Satz