From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:11:42 PST
Chris Bonds wrote:

>Do people (generally I mean men here, but not exclusively!) who buy
>a CD because of the sexy cover art end up getting the pure benefits of
>the artistic performance--or is that experience inevitably "polluted" by
>fantasies of babes doing their thing?  (If she plays like that, I wonder
>what she'd be like in bed)

I think that an efective cd cover can easily impact the musical experience.
Speaking for myself, an enticing cd cover of a female will definitely
influence my musical experience.  But, the cover does not have to be of
an attractive female.  Many years ago, I bought an EMI disc of Scarlatti
harpsichord sonatas; the cover art, to me, presented a very icy and pure
image.  And, when listening to that disc to this day, I feel that ice in
the performance and it adds to my enjoyment of the music.  Scarlatti and
ice go together very well; sort of a Scarlatti on the rocks impact.

Don Satz