From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:34:53 PST
Eric Schissel had indicated that my statement that Olympia has recorded
just three of Vainberg's string quartets was incorrect, that four of them
have been recorded.

The first thing I did was check out the string quartet disc I have,
peformed by the Gothenberg Quartet - three on that one (1, 10, and 17).
But, I did discover that Olympia had previously recorded the 12th string
quartet coupled with the piano quintet opus 18.

So, I stand corrected, and as usual, most of my wrong statements about
recordings stem from my lack of an ordered cd retrieval system.  Memory
can only go so far.

Don Satz