From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:11:41 -0600
Richard Pennycuick writes:

>A quick rummage through my memory produced St Cecilia Masses by Haydn and
>Gounod, Purcell's Ode and a hymn to her by Britten.  Any others?

Althought not available commercially, I have a private tape of a
performance of the devastating version "Ode to St. Cecilia" by Judith
Allen Shatin, performed by Gayle Martin Henry on piano with an unremembered
orchestra or conductor.  Powerful, - not for the faint hearted.  It's
closing chords are three forearm bashes on the piano to symbolize the three
attempts to cut of her dear head.  Yuck!  Anyone interested in hearing this
work, e-mail me privately.

Joseph Previte