From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:56:58 -0500
Searching for Bachs Christmas Oratorio I found the Decca-box "Sacred
Masterworks" containing also the Easter Oratorio, St John/Matthew Passion,
Magnificat and the Mass in B minor.  The recordings are by Karl Munchinger
and the Stuttgarter Kammerorchester.  Does anybody have experiences with
that recording of the Christmas Oratorio and is it worth spending extra
money on the whole box? Does the box have good sound? In case you have
different suggestions let me know!

I got special offers of the recordings of the "Well-tempered Clavier" by
Hewitt and Tureck (DG).  I have heard of the great Hewitt performance, but
does anybody already listened in the new Tureck recording being 1/3 cheaper
than the Hewitt-set?

Ralf Oehlmann