From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 17:26:42 -0400
Art Scott wrote:

>James Dunning's Encylopedia of Old Time Radio says the following about the
>Lone Ranger's music:
>
>   "Theme: The William tell Overture by Rossini; internal themes and
>    bridges: Les Preludes by Liszt . . .

I don't care what Dunning says.  My recollection as an avid and regular
listener of the Lone Ranger from about 1935 until about 1944 was that the
bridge music toward the end of the half hour (when they had no commercials
or announcements to run) was the Light Cavalry Overture by von Suppe (which
Dunning does not even mention).  I don't recall ever hearing Les Preludes
on the show.

Still Dunning could be correct about Les Preludes (although I believe this
is one of the Ten Worst All Time Classical Music "Wrong Rememberings"). The
Lone Ranger first aired in January 1933 and went off the air in May 1956.
That's approximately 14 years of episodes to which I was not tuned in.

John Dalmas