From:
John Wiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:14:54 -0400
Deryk Barker amplifies and corrects:

>John Wiser ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>>Intaglio: Italian pirate label liberally looting the BBC transcription
>>service and other sources to build an astonishing mono-only catalog of
>>radio performances.
>
>I have a number of stereo Intaglio issues, including Horenstein's Bruckner
>8 and Lizt Faust Symphony.  I imagine their das Lied and Mahler 7 (being
>pinched from the Descant issues) were also stereo.

This is not surprising to learn.  I've retained one recording which was
originally recorded in stereo but which Intaglio issued only in mono.  I've
hit the label only for British repertoire, mostly of BBC origin, so my view
is constricted.

>>I think Intaglio is out of business, ...
>
>Several years ago.

So grab 'em while you can!

"John Wiser" <[log in to unmask]>