From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:41:13 -0500
Bob Draper on Mozart:

>I went to a concert with my sister who knows nothing of music at all.
>There was a Mozart violin concerto and a Haydn Horn concerto in the first
>half.  During the interval she said to me unprompted re the Mozart work
>"you always know what's coming next don't you".  I agree.  Every time I
>hear Mozart work that's new to me after the exposition I can usually fill
>in the blanks.  Don't care what anyone says.

Mr. Draper, his sister, and many others are simply manifesting the much
publicized Mozart Effect in heightened form.  Listening to Mozart makes
these folks so smart that THEY KNOW WHAT IS COMING NEXT, and by God, just
give them some music paper and a new Mozart symphony or viola quintet is
on the way!!

Professor Bernard Chasan
Physics Department, Boston University