Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:54:41 +0100
Anyone know what this is?

I have just seen an ad for it in the UK nursing press.

It's from formula manufactuers Nutricia, and it calims to be a
'prescribably high energy feed' for babies from birth to 12 months,
'specifically formulated to meet the nutritional needs of infants with FTT'
IT is ready to use, and has, says the text, a high percentage of energy
from protein.

But nothing in the ad says what it is. No ingredients are listed at all -
not one!

I suspect it is soya-based, but only because the logo is a smiling
bean-shaped face.

Recently, soya has had hugely bad press in the UK because of
phytooestrogens, so the lack of ingredients listed may be no accident.

It is not subject to EU marketing restrictions relating to formula as is a
'food for special medical purposes'.

Anyone know it?

Heather welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK