From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 14:43:19 +0100
Need recommendations, I don't have this yet and I heard the wonderfully
dramatic opening on a Hannsler (sp?) classics catalogue sampler.  An all
male rendition would be preferable...

What's the Gardiner like? My music teacher says he doesn't like it ...
says he thinks Gardiner is running for a bus when he plays Bach.  Odd then
that he recommended the Hyperion Bach Mass in B minor to me.  Also I have
the Christmas oratorio by Gardiner and I never found myself wanting it
slower.  He recommended Harnoncourt instead.  Has that Japanese guy done
one?

David Stewart