From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 10:07:25 +0100
Don Satz wrote:

>So, if Jocelyn Wang was driving through Ft. Lupton and causing an aural
>commotion, she'd likely have to listen to John Cage.  With me, it would be
>Stoki doing Bach or a huge dose of Liszt or even worse than that, a real
>eclectic work (currently I only have to imagine that it exists).

Is the problem Stoki doing Liszt or Liszt in general? What would a real
eclectic work be? To me, Liszt was like a gigantic meltpot that transformed
influences from all over the European world (and back in time as well) into
his own personal language.  The same can to some extent be applied to
Mahler, but his meltpot was not so efficient.

>What would be the most effective "crime deterrent" classical music penalty
>for you? NO, you can't say it's listening to Don Satz.

Sibelius (Complete Symphonies). That's ecclectic and I find it really,
really dull.

Mikael