From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 00:02:01 -0400
Aaron J. Rabushka tries this sell (-:):

>Bear in mind that Wagner's Ring cycle condemns rather than exalts its
>totalitarian state.

Sounds like you're setting me up for the same trap as the definition of
"is." How could Hitler have--as I delicately put it--have had an embolism
for Wagner and Wagner be the oracle of freedom and the worth of the
individual? Except in "Meistersinger.  His doctor must have put him to
wrong medication which made him uncannily sane long enough to write that
delightful people-scale opera.  My god, it almost sounds like Verdi!

No One Says Anything Complimentary About Wagner Without My Looking Into It!

A. Disbeliever-in-most-things-Wagnerian
How about converting the theater at Bayreuth into an Audi dealership?