From:
Bernard Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 03:36:53 -0400
David Stewart Asks:

>Bernard, have you a catalogue of the things available, because the search
>engine on the website does not tell you the information about the
>recordings e.g.  conductor/label etc.
>
>Which one is the Bach Cantata cycle? What about the Beethoven Symphonies?
>The Mozart Serenades? (Is that part of the Complete Mozart edition?)

There's no catalogue as such supplied to members.  Only a monthly magazine
detailing recordings you might take (with reviews, artist lists, label, box
picture).  This month had 309 on offer!

So there's nowhere I can look up the details you ask, and I've gone through
3 magazines and failed to find the works you mention.

However I do know that they offer at least 2 Symphony Beethoven sets,
Karajan Gold and Gardiner because I've bought both.  I have a feeling they
have also offered the Bohm under a historical section but wouldn't swear to
it.

When I order through the web site I enter the product code which comes from
my magazine, which gives the recording search correctly although it does
not show this number on screen!

If you know who you think the artist(s) are on the recording you are
interested in, then you can search on that name and find the recording
listed - but without the name of the artist!  The web site is fairly new
and so perhaps it will improve.  You need to be able to click on the
listing for full details, I agree.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Music Publisher - Music software written by musicians for musicians