From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:50:17 -0400
Bob Chen found:

>...the ordering process [for Berkshire Record Outlet] a little confusing...
>...I never received any sort of confirmation [of the order], which, in my
>experience, is standard operating procedure these days.  ...next time, I'll
>order by phone.

I prefer not to waste a lot of time dictating a lot of information by
phone; I also like to have something in writing to be sure of just what
I ordered.  Why not send your order by e-mail, and mention that you'd like
confirmation that they've received it.  Also mention that you'll phone in
your credit card number ...then do that once you've received their e-mail
confirmation.  (I don't like transmitting my numbers via the Internet, so
I used to get money orders and sent things by snail-mail.  But I'm frugal,
lazy and impatient: it adds to the expense, makes for at least one more
errand, and increases the delay.)

There's no guarantee that all your requests will be available.  But one
way to make it likelier is to order just after they've updated their lists,
about once a month: do a double-check on availability right before
ordering.  The date's clearly announced on the main page.

>Also, is the 3-4 week shipping time to be expected?

That's about my experience, too: 3 weeks, max.  I reckon it's worthwhile.

Bert Bailey, in Ottawa