From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 23:17:43 -0400
I wrote asking for input about this new release:

>>Michael Easton (b. 1954): Concerto on Australian Themes; Concerto for Piano
>>Accordion, Piano and Strings; An Australian in Paris; Beasts in the Bush;
>>and an Overture.  It was an Australian ensemble or orchestra

And Roger Hecht replied:

>I've wondered about the Easton, too because I generally like the
>Austrailian composers.  I don't know why I never bought this.  Maybe it's
>something about the titles.  And an accordian piece.  Maybe something about
>that, too.

Not quite.  Notice that it's a piece for a Piano Accordion comma Piano
etcetera.  I don't know what a PA would look like, but it suggests to me some
kind of a pump piano. Might it be that?

James Zehm wondered:

>is this CD really produced by the International Naxos Company....sounds
>like a local Naxos release to me...

The former, I think -- not that I'm really familiar with the latter.

Bert B, in Ottawa, pretty far from Australia