From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 10:38:20 -0700
Greatings all,
     I have been really studying the various races of bees that are available, and
I realize that each have their supporters and detractors.  I also know that there is
not one race that is best for all circumstances and conditions.  From everything I
have gathered, it appears that the Carniolans could come really close to being the
perfect race for  Easten Missouri.  First hand observation of them also leads me
to believe that they are a good choice for this area.  The biggest drawback is their
tendency to swarm.  Are their any breeders out there who are working towards
reducing this drive to swarm?  How successful have they been?  Thanks for your
help with this!
Scott Moser