From:
"Robert M. Stumpf II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:44:45 -0500
Billy Kitson offers:

>John Dalmas wrote:
>
>>Mimi Ezust writes;
>>
>>>I listen to (classical music) while driving in the car, or while chopping
>>>vegetables for dinner, or while gardening and doing other household chores,
>>>or while drawing or knitting. We often listen to music at dinner . . .
>>
>>Sounds like my wife.  She can also listen to classical music while talking
>>on the telephone.  ...
>
>"I can Not see/Understand what all the Fuss is about"

I don't know that there is any fuss.  I play classical music in the
classroom where I teach.  When the students are writing or taking a
test they usually request it.  There are, however, some students who find
the music too distracting and I turn it off in those cases.  Some people
"suffer" from the inability to listen to music whilst doing other things.
I feel sorry for them.  I am reminded of two things.  First, Perlman often
"practices" whilst watching baseball games.  Second, every year I watch the
Super Bowl by turning it on, muting the sound and playing a Looney Toons
CD.  Peace,

bob stumpf
http://www.classical.net/music/recs/reviews/maestrno/