From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:43:09 +0100
Deryk Barker in reply to me:

>>...the old EMI transfers) and superb playing (mid price).  The only
>>draw-back is that these recordings are post Rostislav Dubinsky leaving the
>>the band done in the 70'ties early eighties- We yet await the resurfacing
>>of the incomplete (AFAIK) set with RD at the helm.
>
>The first Borodin set was recorded in 1967 (1-12) and 1972 (13).  It omits
>14 & 15 which weren't yet composed.

You have them, right; amounts to tremendous envy from me - I've been
looking for these on LP for Years, but they seem to be extra-tresured
by all the owners as they never seem to surface on the SH-market.

>>If You want to check the Dubindsky effect on the band there is a No 8 on
>>Decca from the early 60'ies, stunning...
>
>Is that out on CD now?

Well the disc is in the 1999 catalogue (425541-2), and has been there for
some years, but I cant vouch for its universal availability.  (I belive
that this is The Gramophone Mags.  recomended version of the 8 if You want
a single issue of it - it got me started on the DSCH Qts.)

Peter Lundin, Gothenburg, Sweden