From:
Bob Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:07:04 EST
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my query about "happy
music." Some very good suggestions -- so good, in fact, that I'll probably
pick up a number of duplicates, especially the Bach and the Bartok (quite
a contrast!).  Luckily, many of these are available on Naxos, so it's a
relatively small expense.  Thanks to Prof.  Rabushka for jogging my memory
about Dvorak's 8th and Schubert's 5th.  Another thought I had:  Mahler's
8th, especially the first part, is tremendously uplifitng.  At least it is
for me.  My friend isn't doing nearly as well as I'd hoped.  Her fiance
says that the music would do her good.

Best,
Bob Chen
Los Angeles, CA