From:
Bob Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:59:39 EST
Don Satz writes:

>The last thing I'd want to hear, when ill, would be "happy" music.  That
>would really tick me off.  I'm pretty sure I'd wnat to hear the works
>and recordings I love the most; that would pick me up.

Well, if by "happy" you mean something lame or hoaky, such as -- oh, I
don't know -- Leopold Mozart's "Toy Symphony," I'd probably be irritated,
too.  In this case, the person for whom I was asking the question is
relentlessly positive.  Or she was, until recently.  In any case, I
think many of the suggestions offered so far have been pretty good.

I agree with you, though, about listening to the music you love.  If I
were confined to my sick bid, I'd listen to Mahler's 9th all day, broken
up occasionally by Bruckner's 5th.  But I'm funny that way.

Cordially,
Bob Chen
Los Angeles, CA