From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:35:28 PST
Last night I listened to the Brahms clarinet quintet and sonatas.  Although
I started off in an agitated mood based on happenings in the work place, by
the time I was half-way through these works, my mood had changed to one of
satisfaction, calm, and readiness to face existing and new life problems.
This is the typical reaction I have to the Brahms clarinet chamber works.

Do any list members share these feelings about the Brahms works? Any other
pieces which result in this great frame of mind?

Don Satz