From:
Peter Harzem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:11:33 -0600
Eric Kisch wrote:

>Reading this thread has been a salivating experience.  This kind of radio
>programming is non-existent in the U.S.

That is one of some two or three main reasons I regret having moved from
England.  (There are, of course, good reasons on the opposite side, too.)
I have wondered for many years why it cannot be so in the US.  It is not
because of wealth, -the British are not richer- not because there is not
enough number of people who would welcome such things in the US -the
population is so much smaller in the UK- and not because technology is not
available in the US.  What is getting in the way? Does it have something to
do with fundamental cultural values? (But, dear God, not the slogan 'family
values!')

I write on cultures, survival of cultures, etc.  and I am supposed to be
reasonably informed about such matters.  But I do not know the answers to
these questions.  Any suggestions?

Peter Harzem