From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:07:13 PST
I started listening to one of the Naxos discs I bought yesterday - Mozart
piano concertos 17 & 18 played by Jeno Jando who must have a life-time
contract with Naxos.

Jando's playing was quite good.  I was using my headphones which I usually
do when I first listen to a recording; it gives me that up close and
intimate feeling.  The strings were a major problem for me; they sounded
sour.  Some adjusting of the equalizer controls tamed the problem but did
not eliminate it.

As I'm writing, I'm listening again on the computer.  Jando still sounds
good, and the strings, although not brilliant, have little of that sourness
on my headphones.  Equipment does matter.

Don Satz