From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:58:14 PST
I was at Blockbuster Music today in Albuquerque.  New releases are down to
a minimum and total classical inventory continues shrinking.  However, they
still have plenty of Naxos discs.  Always one to be flexible and change
gears, I remembered that a fellow list member had highly recommended the
Naxos disc of Sibelius symphonies 1 and 3 conducted by Petri Sakari.  Since
the price was only $5.99, I decided to check out the other Naxos discs.  I
picked up the disc of Spohr clarinet concertos 2 and 4, Jando playing the
Mozart piano concertos 17 and 18, and the Haydn Quartet, Budapest, playing
the Borodin string quartets.

Concerning the Borodin disc, any opinions how it compares to the
competition?

Don Satz