From:
Mark Shanks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:02:58 -0700
Kevin Sutton writes:

>Borders is a national chain of Book/music stores that is far better on
>the book side than the music.  The have a decent 'laymans' selection of
>classical music as a general rule, but they can't hold a candle to HMV or
>Tower for selection.

Not to mention that their prices reach stratospheric heights, e.g, BIS
runs $18.99US at the one near me.  It's Ann Arbor based, which to me is
an entirely BAD thing, too.  Between the half-caff-double -mocha-lattes,
almond lemon crumb bagels, great hulking stacks of whatever the hell Oprah
recommended last week, and the sandels-with-socks staff, I usually find the
whole Borders experience just too too precious for words.  Not as bad as
Barnes and Noble, but then, not much is.

Mark