From:
Jeff Tedford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:40:49 -0800
Kleiber's conducted one of the most stirring Brahms Symphony #4
performances on disc-also available on DG at midprice.  I agree about the
merits of Kleiber's Beethoven and would put it second only to Furtwangler's
identical coupling last available on an EMI Reference issue.Why EMI
restricts Furtwangler to the Special Import list is beyond me...No wonder
they have trouble selling their backlist.

Jeff Tedford