From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:08:20 +0000
<<<Am I  wrong in the belief if the baby is not in distress and
gaining that the reflux is not harming the infant? And our advise may
be to keep the feedings closer.>>>

I have heard that the latest theory on reflux is that it is common
in babies, but only becomes a problem when the baby has allergies and
the oesaphagus becomes irritated and raw.  Treatment?  Address the
allergy.  This was reported to me as having come from a high-level
conference on the topic. The allergy link makes sense to me.  Has
anyone else heard this?

Ros Escott IBCLC
Tasmania, Australia