From:
"R.Hirsch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 22:14:04 EST
Fellow Lactnetters
I need any new info regarding anti depressants. The Mom wants to get
pregnant--has been on Prozac for anxiety-drug works quite well for her. Her phys
is not concerned about taking Prozac during pg but said she CAN NOT nurse. Her
family "advise" is not to get pregnant at all!! (Great support huh). All of my
resources show inconclusive studies of this drug on the infant. This Mom is
determined to BF. and wants any info possible. I gave the LLL Leader the Briggs
and Hale references. Mom may be interested in alternative therapy. The Leader
has also discussed the effects of hormonal relaxation effects of nursing.Anyone
have any new info on Prozac or other anti-depressants??

Once again I want to thank Kathy for this terrific service of "warn fuzzies" and
great info sharing. It is so nice to read about all of the wonderful successes.
We are all saddened when a little one is not nursed for whatever the reason--- I
often wonder if I could have done more,too. But I am confident that we all do
the best that we can. I always try to keep in mind an old saying ( I can't
remember where it is from) that says "You can only throw someone a life raft,
you cannot expect them to swim!!"
Cindy Hirsch RDH, APLLeader in Sunny, Warm South Florida