From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 19:38:44 -0400
Hi All,
I believe that Elizabeth Baldwin is no longer on Lactnet, but does anyone
have her e-mail address?  I need to ask her a very imp Law question.
Also, where would I find research that proves that combo BC pills will crash
a milk supply?  My client who recieved a prescrip for combo BC pills and was
told to start them 1 week after delivery is thinking about trying to sue the
Dr for lack of Info and BF mismanagement since he knew (she told him) that
she was going to BF.  I thought it was kinda common knowledge that lactaing
moms should not be given combo BC pills because the estrogen would crash
their supply.
Also, someone mentioned a while back that giving a newly delivered mother BC
pills of any sort could be potentially dangerous, erratic bleeding that may
not be identified as a serious problem.  Is there any research on this as
well, and where could I get it?
Thanks a bunch!

Jay
Tired after her 2 yr olds B-Day party today... They grow toooooo fast!