From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:06:24 -0400
Hi All,
Jay here!
Have missed you all terribly, and hopefully will be back on-line in a day or
two.
For now, though I have a couple of questions to ask.  Please e-mail answers
to me privately (and to the list of course) as I am not yet back onto the
digest.  My address is [log in to unmask]
Oh, and thanks to all for the info about bi-lateral mastitis.  I'll let you
know what happens with that mom.

Ok, here is question #1:  I am sure that we have discussed Psoriasis on the
breast and nipples before, but I need info on what type of treatments are OK,
and any citations from literature about it.  My friend, the vicarious lurker
Karen Evon IBCLC, needs the info ASAP.

#2:  Have another LC friend who is working with a client who has just started
experiencing nausea while BF.  Baby is 2 mo old.  No problems with nausea
before this past weekend.  Mom has recently started taking prenatal vitamins
and some other multi-vitamins to help with her low energy level (to get more
energy).  Also, mom has started to have some spotting/light bleeding as well.
 I asked if mom was BF at night, answer was NO.  Mom pumps during the day so
Dad can give baby a bottle at night so mom can sleep.  They have been doing
this for over a month.
My thoughts on this one are the nausea is hormonally related, and that mom
may be in the process of getting her periods back since she is not BF around
the clock.
Any thoughts on this situation would be helpful.  Mom has been instructed to
call Dr ASAP to check out the bleeding.

Any help with these will be greatly appreciated!  Remember to send any

TIA!
Love Jay

PS   The move went well, and though we have been here for a week, we are
still living out of boxes it seems.  Anyone want to come take my kids for a
weekend so I can whip this place into shape??? :)  Kids are great, but you
know, they just don't unpack and put away like we adults do!  Oh, and baby is
doing great!  We heard the heartbeat last week, 160bpm!  Seems to be a fairly
mellow kid too, which is nice.  Wish me luck that s/he stays that way after
birth and into adulthood!  With my very lively Benjamin (now 2 yrs old, and a
MAJOR handful!) I could use another mellow child (my oldest is pretty mellow,
thanks goodness!)
Take care!