HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David A. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:22:13 -0600
 Anita:

We take wet and dry colors for everything; sometimes it is a tedious
process, but when you are working with material from underwater sites, what
can you do?  Jeremy has an intersting point, I think, with using a computer
to assign tags to colors.  Problems of course exist in monitor and printing
variations.  I would think the most useful color set would be the #RRGGBB
codes used in HTML, since they are programming codes, they are quite
standard and reproducable.  Still, we could have some rather messy monitors
out there.

Remember to stay in the lines when coloring your profiles.

David

David A. Johnson
Graduate Research Assistant

Nautical Archaeology Program