Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:25:51 -0400
> I would love to see Randy's experiment redone,  with the emphasis on brood
> instead of wax.  Just to see if there is a difference there?

Me too, but  why not do it yourself?

Which brings me to the continued observation that Randy is national asset
for beekeeping mainly because he asks the same questions many of us ask but
we don't follow up by doing the necessary rigorous experiments to find out.
He does. His site is scientific beekeeping for a reason.

I especially enjoy the trials he does where he has a preconceived opinion
and proves himself wrong.That is great science. There were two of us when
we gave our Master's dissertation. I had loads of fun stuff (auto-ignition
of HMX under pressure and vacuum)  to talk about while the other speaker
came up empty on what he was trying to prove. I always looked on his
dissertation to be better than mine because it is very hard to say you
showed a negative when people are looking for a positive. Great science.

As far as most of us doing it ourselves, from a scientific point of view,
most of the tests I currently do would not stand up to my own critiques,
most for control of variables and lack of controls. I would need a much
larger operation and help. Actually, that gives me an idea. I now have
three other beekeepers I am mentoring...

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine